What is Chinese Medicine & Herbal Medicine?
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is an ancient practice that dates back thousands of years. Its basic concept is that a vital life force, called Qi, which moves through the body. Any imbalance in Qi can cause disease and illness, and TCM seeks to restore this balance through treatment specific to you and your unique needs. The key concept is that health and energy must be aligned, and TCM aims to achieve this balance in your body. At Garnet Moon Denver we are Chinese Medicine & Herbal Medicine experts, and an ABORM Fellow certified clinic for Reproductive Medicine. Chinese & Herbal Medicine: Vibrant Wellness: Feel Better!
Chinese Medicine Restores Your Health.
Central to TCM is the concept of Yin and Yang. Ancient Chinese believed that humans are microcosms of the larger universe, interconnected with nature and subject to its forces. Yin and Yang are opposite and common forces that makeup Qi. A disharmony between these two forces can lead to illness, disease, infertility, and hormonal imbalances. It is essential to restore the balance between Yin and Yang to achieve health and wellness.
Chinese medicine & Herbal Medicine in the Yin and Yang theory also corresponds to hormones in science-based modern medicine.
Yin in TCM is estrogen
Yin the estrogen hormone responsible for thickening the uterine lining and growing follicles in the follicular phase with the hormone FSH (also a Yin hormone) to begin the preparation process for ovulation. Also, it moistens the body, so it is responsible for cervical mucus, the uterine lining, and building blood. Estrogen is also responsible for building and maintaining bones and muscles and decreases as we age; this is why we see more Yin deficiency in people who are middle-aged and older.
Some common disorders and imbalances in the body relating to estrogen include endometriosis, thin uterine lining, irregular cycles, breast issues, osteoporosis, PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), PMS & PMDD, and obesity. Maintaining healthy estrogen levels requires a healthier lifestyle. Chinese Medicine (TCM) helps with creating harmony within your body for better sleep, managing stress, balancing hormones, and guiding you to make healthier choices through diet, consuming less caffeine & alcohol, healthy amounts of exercise & physical activity, mindfulness & meditation, and emotional balance; all of this is critical in the balance of Yin and estrogen for optimal health. Chinese & Herbal Medicine: Vibrant Wellness: Feel Better!
Yang in TCM is progesterone
Yang the progesterone hormone pushes the egg out of the corpus luteum for ovulation in the second half of the menstrual cycle Progesterone works with the LH (also a Yang hormone) in the ovulation process. Progesterone is also responsible for the movement of blood, the egg meeting the sperm for fertilization to occur, building the uterine lining (endometrium), creating warmth in the body, and one of the critical pregnancy hormones at the start of early pregnancy in building the placenta.
Signs of low progesterone include irregular menstrual cycles, recurrent miscarriages, abnormal uterine bleeding (periods), irregular spotting, mood swings, sleep issues, and decreased libido (sex drive). Maintaining healthy progesterone levels is essential, and Chinese Medicine (TCM) helps with an irregular cycle, a luteal phase defect (often seen with Yang & progesterone deficiency), easing anxiety, balancing hormones, slowing the aging process, assisting in the function of the thyroid and endocrine system, increase the uterine lining (endometrium), decreasing the chance of miscarriage, improving libido (sex drive), regulating periods and stopping painful periods from PMS, PMDD, and endometriosis.
Chinese Medicine and science-based modern Medicine have much in common, so they integrate well for fertility, women’s health, hormonal imbalances, and pregnancy. AtGarnet Moon Denver, we follow a solid foundational path in integrative medicine, are Chinese Medicine experts, and are an ABORM Fellow certified clinic in Reproductive Medicine.
Benefits of Chinese Medicine & Herbal Medicine at Garnet Moon Denver.
TCM has many benefits for you to improve your physical and mental health. It can help reduce pain, improve sleep, balance hormones, and boost energy levels. It can also be used to treat various conditions, such as digestive problems, and stress-relatedissues. TCM is a holistic approach that often uses Chinese herbs & herbal medicine into health plans that restores balance in the body and mind, so you to achieve better overall health. Chinese & Herbal Medicine: Vibrant Wellness: Feel Better!
Get Results — We Are Experts.
At Garnet Moon Denver, our expert Lindsay Goodwin, LAc., MSOM, BS, FABORM, Dipl. OM is a licensed & board-certified practitioner of Chinese Medicine & Herbal Medicine and is highly recommended in Denver and nationally for treating Chinese Medicine for Fertility, Women’s Health, Hormones, Cycle Balance, Pregnancy, and overall well-being. We integrate science, Holistic Medicine, Chinese Medicine, and energy healing to create a unique treatment plan that gets you results!Book a consult
Chinese Medicine & Herbal Medicine Treats:
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Irregular Cycles
- PMS & PMDD
- Painful Periods
- Thyroid Issues
- Preconception Care & Prep.
- Recurrent Miscarriages
- Uterine Lining Issues
- IVF, IUI, & Fertility Treatment Support with Higher Success Rates
- Hot Flashes & Menopause
- Uterine Fibroids & Cysts
- Unexplained Infertility & Secondary Infertility
- Low AMH & Egg Quality
- Low Libido & Sex Drive
- Low Sperm Quality & Infertility
- Labor Prep & Easier Birth
- Decrease in Miscarriage
- Pregnancy Support
- Breech Baby Presentation
- Prenatal Support & Healthier Pregnancy
- Chronic headaches: including tension headaches
- Low back pain: both chronic & acute pain
- Knee pain
- Arthritis & joint pain
- Pain from: including multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and others
- Neurological issues & nerve pain
- Myofascial pain
- Shoulder pain & frozen shoulder
- Hip & sciatic pain
- Ankle & foot pain: including plantar fasciitis
- Back spasms
- Muscle pain & sprains
- Carpal tunnel
- Elbow pain
- Endometriosis & PMS pain
- Abdominal pain
- Other pain conditions
Our Unique Benefits – Healing With Chinese Medicine & Herbal Medicine:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Techniques: Our treatment methods include TCM techniques such as acupuncture, electroacupuncture, moxibustion, herbal medicine, and diet therapy to help restore balance and harmony to your body and mind.
- Personalized Treatment Holistic Wellness Plans: We create unique treatment plans for you, including your physical, mental, and emotional state to provide effective care.
- We Are The Expert in Denver: Our expert Lindsay Goodwin, LAc., MSOM, BS, FABORM, Dipl. OM is highly trained and experienced in using TCM techniques, acupuncture, herbal medicine, and nutrition to address various health concerns with fertility, women’s health, hormones, and pregnancy.
- Improved Health and Wellness: By treating issues within your body and mind, our treatments can help improve overall health and wellness, both in the short and long term; our goal is always to get to the root of imbalance so that you can feel your most vibrant self!
- Natural Healing and Holistic Wellness: TCM treatments are natural, offering a safe and effective alternative to conventional medical treatments that can come with side effects. But we also are an integrative medicine practice, so we understand science modern medicine treatment plans and coordinate with our clients so they get the best for their unique needs.
- Holistic Approach with Nutrition & Wellness: Our holistic approach to treatment means treating the root causes of health issues rather than just treating symptoms, long-lasting success and improved quality of life.
At Garnet Moon Denver, we are Chinese Medicine & Herbal Medicine experts and are an ABORM Fellow-certified clinic in Reproductive Medicine. Restore your body and mind today with Traditional Chinese Medicine!